Information included in annual credit report:
- Personal Details: it includes consumer’s name, address, and DOB and contact number.
- Credit Accounts History: it keeps all the account details such as account balances, opening date of account, loan limit, history of bills paid, how much you owe to creditors, car loans, home loans.
- Public Records: it maintains all the public documents and records like liens, bankruptcies, criminal conviction.
- Debts: it contains all the debts consumer is obliged to pay on all accounts including mortgages, loans and credit cards.
- Negative information: it keep all enquiries about late payments, settled accounts, money collected and other disparaging items.
There are three companies who help in gathering consumer’s personal details in Annual Credit Report Free Credit to the urged person such as lenders or creditors, insurance companies, cell phone and utility companies, government agencies, employer, landlords.
- TransUnion– It promotes the consumer to utilise this right and also take initiative towards the website designed to provide free credit reports. it provides credit reports directly to the consumer
- Experian– It captures all the fiscal information that lenders use to identify creditworthiness of a creditor. It includes credit accounts, balance in account, bills payment history and credit loans You get the summary of account total, total debt and all personal information.
- Equifax– Data collected comprises credit, financial, employment and income, public records and demographic. Also help in fraud detection and prevention services.
A fraud victim can excercise the following rights:
Fraud victim bill of rights – The consumer has the right to request for multiple copies of Free Credit Report Annual from the credit report bureaus
- Right to ask for information from a debt collector
- Right to ask for assistance from credit reporting companies if you are a victim of identity theft and they can also seek help from the website www.AnnualCreditReport.com